Sunday, October 9, 2016

The Hammer of Thor! (And is Thor really that great?!)

Image result for Magnus Chase Hammer of ThorOkay, now that I have officially introduced the first book in this series, I can talk about the second. (See my previous post to find the review of the first one). Magnus Chase and the Hammer of Thor is the second book in the Gods of Asgard series. This book is still relatively new (meaning it came out less than a week ago) so I'm going to keep the details about it very basic. The second book of the series is just as great as the first, I couldn't put it down (besides when I had to do pesky things like eat and sleep). The basic plot of this book is: Thor lost his hammer and can't get it back, he can't find it himself (he's too busy watching TV) so it's up to Magnus and his friends to find it. In the Marvel movies that have Thor in them, they show him as a strong leader who's strong, brave and fully competent and worthy of Mjolnir, Thor's hammer. In Rick Riordan's books, Thor is a lazy character who is lazy, incompetent, and loses his hammer! I  also have to say, I really love the diversity in Riordan's books. In these books some of the main characters are very diverse in their identities, some of these diverse aspects include a Muslim and a Deaf person. As an ASL (American Sign Language) student, I really enjoy and appreciate Rick Riordan adding a Deaf character in the book. Sometimes Riordan will describe how the character signs a word, and from what I can tell, it is the real sign he's signing.

No comments:

Post a Comment