Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars!

This book is one of the books I have read more recently than others I should be blogging about (meaning that I finished it in about 7 hours yesterday), but I figured that since it was in theaters, it was justifiable. So where to begin with this book? It's a romance, and I usually don't like reading romances, plus I knew the whole plot already. It surprised quite a few people when I told them I was going to read it. It was actually a decent book for a romance, it was pretty well written and that made it a quick read. There was also a bit of comedy mixed into it which is always a plus.This books is from Hazel's point a few. Hazel is a 16 year old girl with cancer in her lungs. She is a very smart, philosophical person which makes this book even more interesting. She meets Augustus at a cancer support group while he's there supporting his friend, Isaac ( who she becomes friends with) and gets to know Augustus more. They read each other's favorite books and they both become huge fans of this book and try to get in contact with the author. That's all I'm going to say so I don't ruin the book for you like someone did for me. This book is pretty good, but is really sad and can be called traumatizing at one point. (I'll let you read and see what part that is yourself). I would recommend this book to anyone who likes romance books. The author, John Green, has a video blog with his brother on Youtube which is really interesting and he has videos about different subjects for school. So the author of the book seems like a pretty cool guy. I'm going to be seeing this movie with a friend later in the month (Hi friend!), so I'll let you know if it's any good (even though this is a  book blog, not a movie blog, it's book related.) Here's the trailer for the movie below.

No comments:

Post a Comment